Jet Reports Access for Top Management  [SOLVED]

This forum is for sharing comments, issues or concerns about the Windows 8 ReportPlayer app from Jet Reports.
Details to follow.
f.lopes

Jet Reports Access for Top Management

Postby f.lopes » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:36 am

we have following queries:
1. What is the best option for the management to view the report, Report player or Jet Mobile? Can you please recommend and enlist some of the difference of the two?
2. Can we view the existing Jet reports(excel Files) developed using the jet essentials in the Jet mobile app?
3. Can we view the Jet reports (excel files) developed using the jet essentials in any tablet device e.g.:-iPad, Android Tablets?
a. If yes, will it refresh on clicking the Jet add in->Refresh?
4. Can we view the Jet reports (excel files) developed using the jet essentials in Macintosh?
5. Dashboard builder tool is available only for Jet mobile app or can it be used in developing Jet essential dashboards too?
6. Can we use the Jet mobile app to connect to the standard cube which we have customized to develop the solution? What are the challenges we should expect to make it ready for the client’s access?
7. If the Jet reports (excel files) are uploaded to the SharePoint Server (On premise/office365 server), can we refresh the data of the Jet reports (excel files) on the SharePoint server without downloading the Jet reports (excel files) on the user machine?

Thanks,
Franco.
Thanks,
Franco.

The Kloser

Re: Jet Reports Access for Top Management  [SOLVED]

Postby The Kloser » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello Franco,

I have attempted to answer your questions below. I hope it helps!

1. What is the best option for the management to view the report, Report player or Jet Mobile? Can you please recommend and enlist some of the difference of the two?
Answer: I would recommend using Jet Mobile to view reports. The Report Player is more of a report repository. It makes distributing pre-made reports to customers easy. It also is a nice way to manage the Jet reports on your machine easy. Jet Mobile is designed to display the results of Jet Enterprise Dashboard reports.

2. Can we view the existing Jet reports(excel Files) developed using the jet essentials in the Jet mobile app?
Answer: No. Jet Mobile is only available for Dashboard reports created within the Dashboard Builder. It cannot be used to view Jet Essentials reports (Excel files).

3. Can we view the Jet reports (excel files) developed using the jet essentials in any tablet device e.g.:-iPad, Android Tablets?
Answer: Again, Mobile is only for Jet Enterprise Dashboard report created in the Dashboard Builder. This functionality is currently only available for iPad.

4. Can we view the Jet reports (excel files) developed using the jet essentials in Macintosh?
Answer: Jet Essentials is only available for PCs. You must be running MS Windows. For more information on system requirements you can check out the KB article: http://kb.jetreports.com/article/AA-00446

5. Dashboard builder tool is available only for Jet mobile app or can it be used in developing Jet essential dashboards too?
Answer: The Dashboard Builder is only available for Jet Enterprise customers building dashboards off of the cubes.

6. Can we use the Jet mobile app to connect to the standard cube which we have customized to develop the solution? What are the challenges we should expect to make it ready for the client’s access?
Answer: The Dashboard Builder was designed to be used with Jet’s standard cubes. If customizations have been made (adding new measures and dimensions), you will see those in the Dashboard Builder. If you have other cubes you should be able to access them within the tool, but depending on how it was designed, your results may not be as expected. I would suggest contacting your Jet Reports representative for more information.

7. If the Jet reports (excel files) are uploaded to the SharePoint Server (On premise/office365 server), can we refresh the data of the Jet reports (excel files) on the SharePoint server without downloading the Jet reports (excel files) on the user machine?
Answer: Let me start by saying I am not a SharePoint expert. Many people have Jet reports stored on a SharePoint server. They can open and access them with the SharePoint Excel app. The issue I have seen is that no one has the Jet Essentials add-in installed on that Excel so they cannot refresh reports. They must save the file locally and run it.

f.lopes

Re: Jet Reports Access for Top Management

Postby f.lopes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:18 am

Dear Kloser,

Thank you for your answer. I have query on the following answer
Answer: The Dashboard Builder is only available for Jet Enterprise customers building dashboards off of the cubes.
Can dashboards developed using the Dashboard Builder tool be viewed only in the Mobile app or can it be viewed locally in excel files?

Thanks,
Franco.
Thanks,
Franco.

The Kloser

Postby The Kloser » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

Only through the Mobile app.

f.lopes

Postby f.lopes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Thanks Kloser for your timely response.