-1 fonction

Questions and Answers asked by users to users, about how others use Jet Reports.

For additional "how to" information, please visit our online Knowledge Base https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en ... ofessional
Forum rules
The Jet Reports Community forums are not a guaranteed support medium. Official support for Jet Reports is available only through the support desk at http://support.jetreports.com. Staff responses to posts on the forum are not guaranteed.
nielze123

-1 fonction

Postby nielze123 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:55 am

Hoi Everyone,

Could somebody tell me how to use the -1 fonction in combination with a date filter?

Thx!

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Re: -1 fonction

Postby HPDeskJet » Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 am

Hello -

The NL("Last") function ("-1" is something of a "shortcut") is very simple to use. The one thing to remember is that you need to define what you mean by "last" by defining a sort.

Let's assume that I want the last record - as defined by the date on that record.

I have this table:
1 - table.png
1 - table.png (7.56 KiB) Viewed 98 times
I can define an NL("Rows") function that lists all records for the month of January:
2 - list all in date range - sorted.png
2 - list all in date range - sorted.png (5.68 KiB) Viewed 98 times
and get this results:
3 - results.png
3 - results.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 98 times
I can also define an NL("Last") function - using a sort on the Date field to define what I mean by "last" for those records from January:
4 - using LAST.png
4 - using LAST.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 98 times
And I get this result:
5 - LAST results.png
5 - LAST results.png (7.01 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Jamie's record is the last record for January when I perform an ascending sort on the date.

I hope that helps.
-HP

Return to “How do I?”