Filter by newest version sales order

Questions and Answers asked by users to users, about how others use Jet Reports.

For additional "how to" information, please visit our online Knowledge Base https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en ... ofessional
Forum rules
The Jet Reports Community forums are not a guaranteed support medium. Official support for Jet Reports is available only through the support desk at http://support.jetreports.com. Staff responses to posts on the forum are not guaranteed.
veronika.chlumska

Filter by newest version sales order

Postby veronika.chlumska » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:45 am

Hello,
in table sales order archive we have a few versions of one sales order (version 1, 2 ,3 ...). In filter I need to use the newest version (in case of 5 versions, I need the 5th one). How can I do filter with the highest number?

THX.

TeresaRoberts

Re: Filter by newest version sales order

Postby TeresaRoberts » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:29 am

I don't use sales orders on my system, but the sales order archive table seems to have a field called "No. of archived versions". Could you use that as a filter? E.g. only return rows where version no. = no. of archived versions.

veronika.chlumska

Postby veronika.chlumska » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:47 am

Hello Teresa,

I think you don´t understand me :-(

Look at this formula: =NL("First";"Sales Header Archive;"No. Order";"No.";$K6;"No. version";"The highest number of version /Číslo verze in attachments/).

Thank you.

V.
Attachments
sales archive.png
sales archive.png (5.62 KiB) Viewed 643 times

abap

Postby abap » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi,

Shouldn't a "Last" together with a sort of the archived versions in the formula do the job you need?
=NL("Last";"Sales Header Archive;"No. Order";"No.";$K6;"+No. of Archived Versions";"*")

Cheers,
André

TeresaRoberts

Postby TeresaRoberts » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Apparently not!

This is what I would do:

NL("Rows","Sales Header Archive",,"Version No.","=NF(,""No. of archived versions"")")

That would return just the first row in the test data you gave.

clipif

Postby clipif » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:30 am

HI Both,
I am trying to do this as well, but I expect I am missing some earlier parts of the report, can you upload the report for me to view?
I usually use Table builder & this formula I assume wont work with this style of report?
I am actually trying to produce a report of all Sales Orders below £500 (invoiced), preferably with the sales lines I expect you can used the posted invoices but only if grouped on the Sales Order no (we often part invoice so using a unique invoice no & amount does not work) or I thought it might be easier to use the Sales Order Archive table & use the last version but this is where i got stuck.

Any help appreciated

hg1311

Postby hg1311 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:31 pm

Did you get this to work? I'm facing a similar issue. I want the last version number within a specific date range. So if the order was archived 3 times, on 03/21/2017, 04/13/2017, & 05/05/2017. I want the last one in the date range of 03/01/2017..04/30/2017. For this, I can't use the no. of archived versions.

My formula is as follows, except I can't figure out how to get the version no. I need.

NL("rows","sales line archive",,"document type","<>quote","quantity","<>0","link=","sales header archive","No.","=Document No.","date archived",$D$2,"version no.",????)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to “How do I?”