JetEnterprise can't read all data from datasource

Discussion & Feedback for Jet Enterprise
Laarakkers-jelle

JetEnterprise can't read all data from datasource

Postby Laarakkers-jelle » Thu May 04, 2017 7:44 am

Hi,

In JetEnterprise I'm using an ODBC-driver to read data from an firebird database. When I use 'Preview Table' on a table from the data source all data is shown. But whenever I do the same action on the same table in my staging area, not the same data is shown. The colums with different data have the data type 'System.String' in my data source. Attached is an Excel file with two tabs to visualize my problem. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jelle
Attachments
JetEnterprise problem.xlsx
(97.61 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

MikeDach

Re: JetEnterprise can't read all data from datasource

Postby MikeDach » Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 am

Hello Jelle,

The first thing I would suggest doing is checking the "Use Low Compatibility Mode" in the ODBC connection properties. See attachment.

If that doesn't work, can you connect to your firebird data source using the same ODBC driver but instead use Excel as the application. Does the data look the same as in the Jet Data Manager or does it look correct?

Thanks,

Mike D
Attachments
connection properties.png

Laarakkers-jelle

Re: JetEnterprise can't read all data from datasource

Postby Laarakkers-jelle » Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 am

Hi Mike,

First of all I would like to thank you for your suggestions. I tried using the "Use Low Compatibility Mode" but sadly enough that doesn't fix my problem.

When I connect to my data source using the exact same ODBC-driver in Excel, I get the data that I'm looking for. Where do I go from here? Should I get all the data to Excel using the ODCB-driver and then connect to this Excel file using the Jet Data Manager or is there another option?

Best regards,
Jelle

Return to “How do I?”