Execution Packages are net getting deployed  [SOLVED]

Discussion & Feedback for Jet Enterprise
RYazigi

Execution Packages are net getting deployed

Postby RYazigi » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:27 am

Hi all,

when i create a simple execution package, it gives me a popup saying "Deployment is needed before the changes will have effect"
the package runs fine manually.

the issue is: i do not know what i have to deploy, i cannot deploy the package. so i deployed the whole Project.
attached a Schedule to the package. but nothing happens at the specified time.

Background and Environment,
was using "16.2.3" then installed "16.10.4"

Thanks all

Rawad.
Attachments
DocTypePackage.png
deployment message.png
deployment message.png (5.88 KiB) Viewed 550 times

JoshJet

Re: Execution Packages are net getting deployed

Postby JoshJet » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Greetings Rawad,

It doesn't matter what is deployed, it just matters that something is deployed. The Jet Data Manager Scheduler service looks at the most recently deployed version of the project. A deployed version is created anytime ANYTHING is deployed, which can be a table or a database. We typically recommend that you deploy and execute (or just deploy) the Date table in the data warehouse as it has a small footprint, doesn't take long to process, and doesn't typically impact reporting. Any time you make a change (except a schedule) to an execution package, you'll need to do that again.

JoshJet

Re: Execution Packages are net getting deployed  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshJet » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Greetings,

I did noticed that you stated that you deployed the whole project, which should indeed have worked. Did you set up your scheduler service correctly? It needs to be running as an account with the same permissions as yours (laid out here: https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en ... ermissions). It should be set to Automatic or Automatic(Delayed Start) and it should be started. If the service isn't started, the package will not run. The article here: https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en ... ot-Running talks about that and other possible causes for the package not running.

RYazigi

Re: Execution Packages are net getting deployed

Postby RYazigi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:25 am

Hi Josh,

changing the user on the Service did it, so now the packages are run on the specified time.

thanks a lot.

Rawad

Return to “How do I?”