Sales Person Report - Multiple Tabs

Discussion & Feedback for Jet Enterprise
khodde

Sales Person Report - Multiple Tabs

Postby khodde » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:56 am

Hello,
I’m beginning to design a salesperson report and I wanted to reach out for help to find the most efficient way of handling this. Basically, in our accounting system, each of our customers has an associated Salesperson (coded with Salesperson ID). I would like to build a jet report for a salesperson that has a different tab for each customer they represent. For example, if Salesperson A had customers 1-10, I’d want 10 tabs, one for each customer.
The issue here being that I want the report to automatically look for new customers with that Salesperson ID.
I know how to build a table that shows a salesperson’s current customer list, but I don’t know how to take that into separate tabs and report from there

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Re: Sales Person Report - Multiple Tabs

Postby HPDeskJet » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:35 am

Hello -

I have attached a template of a report that will prompt for the salesperson code (and provide a lookup list from which to select) and then create a tab for each customer tied to that salesperson.

Note: this report is designed for a Dynamics NAV data source.
Attachments
sample.xlsx
(10.79 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
-HP

khodde

Postby khodde » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:27 am

Thank you. I'm more so trying to understand how to use the sheets command. If I generate a list of customers for a salesperson, I want to generate a sales report for each of the customers on a separate tab.

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Postby HPDeskJet » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Here I have expanded upon the template to create a basic "transaction report" to demonstrate how you might accomplish what you are looking to do.
Attachments
sample.xlsx
(45.03 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
-HP

Return to “How do I?”