Report Player Directory

Have a Suggestion or Feature request for Jet Reports? http://go.jetreports.com/ideas?utm_source=community
Forum rules
Post your suggestions for new features in Jet Reports Software: Give Feedback
JGary

Report Player Directory

Postby JGary » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 am

I would be nice if you can change the directory path for the Report Player from the default of \My Documents\My Reports. I want to create "Global" reports for all of my users and want one central location to have them stored. This was I know that everyone is using the same version. When I make a change to a report I don't have to get that report to all my "viewers" to run and have them save it to their own computer. Saving it to a central location would insure that everyone is using the same report. Is this a change that can be done or is Jet Reports working on this. Is there any way I can do this?

tharden

Re: Report Player Directory

Postby tharden » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Hoping this is a feature that's been added in the past few years since the original post. Any news on something like this?
Just like the OP, I'd like to have a central location on our network for the My Reports folder, Image folder and config file; then each user's Report Player could be mapped to that network location.

krd1996

Re: Report Player Directory

Postby krd1996 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 am

Unfortunately, this app will most likely not be updated.

A Windows 8/10 app version of the Report Player was developed several years ago and allows for multiple folder locations.

To address central management and to make sure everyone is using the same version, Jet developed their Jet Web Portal. This is a server-based report management system with sharing, version control, report permissions, and search capabilities. All of this is accomplished through a web browser interface along with the ability to run reports.

Return to “Suggestions and Feature Requests”