Dynamics NAV Default Data Views, EN-US

JDamian
Site Admin

Dynamics NAV Default Data Views, EN-US

Postby JDamian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:38 pm

The attached file is the default Jet Reports data views for English-US. They are based on Dynamics NAV 5.0SP1, Cronus, and will work on any supported version of NAV (4.0SP1 or later).

To import these views using Jet Professional (or Jet Essentials, Jet Reports 2010, or Jet Reports 2010R2), detach the data view file, then import by choosing Import, Data View Categories from your data source(s) in Excel, or from the Data View Creator tool (Start, All Programs, Jet Reports, Administrative Tools, Data View Creator).

To import these views using Jet Reports 2009, detach the data view file, then import by choosing File, Import, Data View Categories from your data source(s) in Excel, or from the Data View Creator tool (Start, All Programs, Jet Reports, Dynamics NAV, Data View Creator).

Any fields that are in the default data views which are not in your database will be ignored. Any fields that are in your database, that are not in the data views will become available the first time that you access the data views from the data view creator. Custom fields will not become part of the default data views automatically, but will be available for you to add to any views that you deem appropriate.

The category folders and data view descriptions are in English. If a default version is not listed on this site for your language, you can update the category names and descriptions in the data view creator field. Table and field names are read from your database on load, so the appropriate language (based on your language settings) will be automatically used for all field and table names.
Attachments
Jet Data View Categories V1.3.zip
(202.88 KiB) Downloaded 10870 times

andySOLTEC

Re: Dynamics NAV Default Data Views, EN-US

Postby andySOLTEC » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 am

I'm using Jet Report 2010 and the 'Download Data Views' link has directed me to this article, however I'm using NAV 2009, not 5. Is there an updated Data View available or is this still correct?

Thanks
Andy

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Postby HPDeskJet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 am

Andy -

The default data views available in this forum should work with NAV 2009 as well as Navision 5.

-HP
-HP

swiens

Postby swiens » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Custom tables are not showing on Data View Creator for me to add to my Data Views. How do I get my Custom tables to display on Data View Creator so they can be added to my Data View?

gregersj

Postby gregersj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm having a hard time getting this to work, is there any updated data view file for Jet Reports 2012?

Tom Hill

Postby Tom Hill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 am

Doesn't seem to work with the latest Jet versions, any chance for an updated version ?

fhilton

Postby fhilton » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi Tom,

I just tried importing the data view categories here in the latest version of Jet and it is working fine. Can you please explain the problem you're having in more detail?

Regards,
Hughes

Tom Hill

Postby Tom Hill » Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi Hughes,

Well the first issue I'm facing is that when I go to datasource parameters, import, dataviews Jet looks ofr a .jdv file when the file I have in the .zip is a .jdc file.

I've tried to select the file anyway and also to change its extension but in both cases nothing seems to be imported in the end.

Thanks for your time and help,

Regards,

Tom

fhilton

Postby fhilton » Fri May 03, 2013 7:20 am

As it says in the instructions in the original post, you need to go to Import/Data View Categories, NOT Data Views. Does this work?

Regards,
Hughes

Tom Hill

Postby Tom Hill » Mon May 06, 2013 1:01 am

Ok, yes it works now.
I have a french version and the naming/translation is not so relevant (into english that would be : "import/Display the Data View Categories" instead of "import/Data Views") so I never thought about clicking on that one,my bad :lol:

Thanks for your help

vrinner

Postby vrinner » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:00 am

Will these views work with NAV 2013?

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Postby HPDeskJet » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:40 am

The Dynamics NAV Default Data Views should also work with NAV 2013 and 2015.
-HP

Return to “Data Views for MS Dynamics NAV”