Sales Quote with Profit

ediaz@minequip.com

Sales Quote with Profit

Postby ediaz@minequip.com » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:02 am

I need to create a list of Sales Quotes to include "Profit Amount" and "Profit %" columns. I can get that info from NAV Statistics but I need the formula for JetReports - Thanks!

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Re: Sales Quote with Profit

Postby HPDeskJet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:21 am

I know that "Profit %" is a common field that appears in a number of NAV tables (e.g., Item, Sales Line, Purchase Line, etc.).

I do not know of a "Profit Amount" field that is present in any standard NAV table. This could be a value that NAV is calculating on-the-fly.

I have attached a sample report which calculates profit and profit % using two different methods.

To the left of the horizontal line, the report lists all the lines (from the Sales Line) that correspond to each document in the Sales Header table. For each line, it calculates the profit by multiplying the Line Amount by the Profit % (and then adds up the total for the entire document).

To the right of the line, the same values are computed without having to list each line - note that the Profit (highlighted in yellow) cells match.

In order to match my sample data, I did *not* limit my report to sales quotes. Regardless of which tables and fields contain the data you want, hopefully you should be able to adapt the techniques I used in this report to get you closer to what you need.
Attachments
Profit Sample.xlsx
(19.39 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
-HP

Return to “Data Views for MS Dynamics NAV”