Excel Skills Tests

Put your best Excel related tips and tricks here.
Forum rules
This is the place to put all of your Excel Tips & Tricks.
bkiester

Excel Skills Tests

Postby bkiester » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Hey all!

I was wondering what skills evaluations different people use when hiring new staff members that will ultimately be Jet Report designers in Excel? We have played around with several options, including an internally developed skills evaluation, but have found that it is more challenging than we initially anticipated to evaluate applicants' skill levels. I figured this community might actually have good solutions, since we all deal with Excel so intimately when working with Jet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Heather

Re: Excel Skills Tests

Postby Heather » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:24 pm

I can tell you that at my company, we have found that the users who have a STRONG grasp of Excel formulas are the better candidates for Jet Reports - not just general Excel use, but those who can play around with slightly more complex formulae like the INDEX/MATCH combo, building true dashboards, and are used to analyzing Excel data to find errors.

But we haven't used any specific tests, so far we have not hired specifically for Jet Reports designing, instead we have found our Jet Reports champions from our internal ranks - luckily they were also in the logical positions to become Jet Designers.

Return to “Excel Tips & Tricks”