Hi from UK

Come in, say hi, introduce yourself. Let us know what your specialty is and what you're interested in. Don't be shy! We want everyone to feel welcome.
paularm3750

Hi from UK

Postby paularm3750 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 am

I would like to use an excel spreadsheet as a source of data to carry out further analysis. i am basically trying to produce an aged debt report but cannot use the current NAV database as the date information is not correct and i have extracted the data from the previous NAV database where it is more usable. Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated - i am a jet novice by the way!

HPDeskJet
Jet Reports Certified Professional

Re: Hi from UK

Postby HPDeskJet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello and Welcome!

It is possible to use an Excel workbook as a Jet Essentials data source (the workbook serves as the database, sheets are treated as tables, and columns are fields).

It requires the use of the Universal (not NAV) data connector. If you do not already have that, you would need to purchase it from Jet Reports.

If you do happen to have that, it is possible to define an Excel Windows data source [through the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator - c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe]

Once you have defined the Excel data source for WIndows, you can then connect to that data through a Jet Essential Universal data source.
-HP

paularm3750

Re: Hi from UK

Postby paularm3750 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:57 am

Many thanks for your reply - i will check with our IT department and see if we have the Universal data connector and then give it a go!

Return to “Introductions”