Documentation Export to Excel

Have a Suggestion or Feature request for Jet Reports? Post it here.
thecebra

Documentation Export to Excel

Postby thecebra » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:21 pm

We have a bigger BI Project with Jet Enterprise at customer. The possibilities to document the Project with the built-in Word-Creation tool are not very good,
if you want to manage changes in a Project or document changes and dependencies.

We therefore like to request a feature to Export the Project and its elements in a structured Excel-File. In the best case you would also see the Field-Tracing-Information in
this Excel field for analysing dependencies.
---
Michael Zettl
Jetreports Certified Trainer
<><

BrianJet

Re: Documentation Export to Excel

Postby BrianJet » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the suggestions! I will pass this along. Have you looked into using Team Development at all (or is this what you are referring to in your post?). This allows the backend users to create Work Items outlining the work to be done as well as saving notes about what was done in each version of the project. While an Excel file would be useful I could see that being difficult to maintain (from a version control perspective) with a number of developers working on something concurrently. Maybe I'm just not visualizing it in the same way as you are thinking. If you have a clear idea of what you think it would look like would you be able to put together a quick mock-up in Excel which might help me ensure that we are both picturing the same thing?
Brian Petersen
Jet Reports Certified Trainer

BrianJet

Re: Documentation Export to Excel

Postby BrianJet » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Also, here is a quick overview of Team Development which I meant to include in the previous reply:

http://kb.jetreports.com/article/AA-00674
Brian Petersen
Jet Reports Certified Trainer

Return to “Suggestions and Feature Requests”